31.10.07

YOUTH IN ITALIA

A visit to Italy. 15th to 16th of September 2007.
A short summary
Elizabeth Wirsching

Over the last year different groups of young people in different cities in Italy, have met to study anthroposophy.
They meet together several times a year for exchange and further studies. I was invited to one of them taking place in Padua, just outside of Venice.
For this gathering we were about 30 people. We met in the Waldorf School and spent 3 intensive days together.
The main focus in the mornings was the two meditations from the first Mystery play by Rudolf Steiner. It was a pleasure to work with this group. Very quickly we came into deep and meaningful exchanges about the content, letting the images became clearer and contemporary, life related.

It struck me that we often hear about young people that they do not understand the language of Rudolf Steiner. (Something I definitely disagree!) Well in this case I would say. Never have I been in a group where the understanding was immediately present.
The warmth and the light of the Italian soul made this visit extraordinary for me.

I left Padua and Italy with a dream: What about a youth conference in Italy to the theme of the arts and music.

Contactperson: Giovanni Buccheri. giovannibuccheri@yahoo.it

No comments: